Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet – The Perfect Portable Portfolio

December 16, 2014 · 17 comments

in Business,Equipment,Product Reviews,wish list

As a photographer, I’m continually meeting new clients and selling my creative services, and to do this effectively you need to make a good first impression.

Screen

A beautiful portfolio is a must, but how you present your work is equally important.  The Sony Xperia Z2 10.1 inch display with 1920 x 1200 resolution is suitable for HD video and graphics. The tri-luminous display boosts colours to deliver a better viewing experience without distortion.

Design

The thin sleek lightweight design with a widescreen display is modern, and comfortable to use. Any potential client using the device to browse your portfolio will quickly fall in love with the look and feel of this premium tablet.

Portfolio

Although I am an Apple fanatic, I must admit that transferring images from your laptop to the tablet is about a million times easier to do than working with iTunes and iPhoto. The device works like a USB so you simply drag and drop. That’s it. Easy Peasy.

The built in Album is great to use for your portfolio, and if you transfer specifically named folders to the device, your images will be organised neatly into categories. Best of all is that you can delete unwanted images directly from the device, add geotags, create slideshows (with customisable themes and music) and add selected images to favourites.

Sony-Xperia-z2-Album-01

Sony-Xperia-z2-Album-02

Portfolio for Andriod is a free app in the Play Store, and is a simple yet intuitive way of displaying your work. Select images from your device, organise into categories, customise the arrangement, and there are a few extra features for making slideshows.

Sony-Xperia-z2-Port4android-01

Sony-Xperia-z2-Port4android-02

Touch a thumbnail on the strip to see the image full screen

Sony-Xperia-z2-Port4android-03

Slideshow in Magazine Format – interact with the app by sliding your finger across the screen to turn the page

I love how clients can interact with the images and zoom in to see more detail. It sure is more logical than a printed portfolio book that ends up getting tatty from use and covered with dirty fingerprints.

Whether you’re a photographer, designer or any creative person, the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet will make displaying your work to potential clients a contemporary and interactive experience that will leave a lasting impression.

To stand a chance of winning a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet:

1. Comment on the blog post below

2. Share to Facebook and Twitter

3. Like Rikki Hibbert Photography on Facebook and on Twitter.

You need to comment on and share all four blog posts over the next two weeks to be eligible for the prize. The winner will be announced on Friday 9 January 2015.

If you missed the first blog post on the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, you can read it here, and the second post here.

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Bruce Murphy December 16, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I like that they are making these features more accessible and user friendly. Now when we view other people’s portfolios we don’t have to endure bad design and functionality.
The slide show feature is also great, nice old school porti viewing.

Erika van Zyl December 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Awesome features!

Chris Lombard December 16, 2014 at 3:11 pm

That is really great. I think the slideshow view is awesome

Werner Strauss December 16, 2014 at 3:55 pm

The functionality of a tablet to move and organize images to copy and delete with out a dedicated program to do do is important snd realizing this mire and mire with my iPad. One of the reasons that i got my iPad is to use as a portfolio but the hassle of the apps and the organizing is to much, also almost very limited to no control to set the images in a specific order. And it seems the play store does gave more options.

Angie van der berg December 16, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I definitely could use this to showcase my work!

Abigail A December 16, 2014 at 9:24 pm

The screen size of the Xperia Z2 is impressive. But anything that makes the transfer pictures less of a schlep is a dream come true. I’m already a huge fan of this device.

Nadine December 18, 2014 at 7:20 am

Nifty little features. The portfolio things is prefect for my business and I like the fact that it’s easy to drag and drop images into the portfolio. No more printouts and wasting paper showing clients my work, this will help me being more green and environmentally friendly . Great stuff.

Liezel Wakens December 18, 2014 at 9:35 am

I love the fact that I you can put all your pictures in one place, so you don’t constantly have to look for it. All over.

Elle H (@Ellelicious_) December 18, 2014 at 9:37 pm

What a great use for this incredible device! I’d love a place to store/display all the photo’s of my kiddo’s. It’s impossible to print all of the photo’s that I want to show at family get togethers and the like. And the toddler just loves looking at photo’s of himself =)

Jani Venter December 21, 2014 at 7:12 am

Glad you’re having fun with your new toy. You’re right, it is way easier to transfer images to Android than Apple. The freedom of Android vs user-friendliness is an ongoing debate in our home.

Clayton C. December 21, 2014 at 6:07 pm

My wife is a photographer and the portfolio feature would be great when meeting with clients

Werner van der Berg December 23, 2014 at 10:46 am

Looks very user friendly!

T Grobler December 26, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I am so in love with your page Rikki Hibbert always a lot too learn more about and your photos look so good AWESOME page! The best service ever

jessica norman December 30, 2014 at 2:09 pm

This is the ultimate all rounder for all your needs

Ernest December 30, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Wow Wow Wow the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is definitely the Perfect Portable Portfolio. The tablet enables images to come to live as the client zooms in to see your quality of work. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words and being able to flip through the images in magazine format like the android portfolio app definitely impresses everybody. Its a schlep to go to client with a laptop. Being able to carry a small, fast and smooth tablet with bright and clear images will make a designer, artist or photographer look more professional.

Dawn W January 7, 2015 at 9:42 am

I have always been an Apple fan but this has changed my mind, would love to own one