Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet – A Business Tool for Photographers – DSLR Controller

December 12, 2014 · 15 comments

in Equipment,wish list

When Sony gave me the Xperia Z2 tablet, I set about to discover how this nifty little gadget can improve my workflow and add value to my business. I soon discovered DSLR Controller (BETA) – this app gives full control of your Canon EOS DSLR from your Android device, with nothing more than a USB cable. And if you have a wi-fi capable EOS camera, it is also possible to connect via Wi-Fi.

It offers you remote liveview, control of most settings, capture, focus and zoom control, image and video review, timelapse, HDR, AEB, focus bracketing – and much more!

Apart from the huge range of functionality for the photographer, by using tethered shooting with the Sony Xperia Z2 and DSLR Controller, your client can immediately view and zoom in on the images you shoot on the beautiful 10.1” screen.

Sony-Xperia-z2-DSLR-Controller-03

Sony-Xperia-z2-DSLR-Controller-02

Sony-Xperia-z2-DSLR-Controller-01

To stand a chance of winning a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet:

1. Comment on the blog post below

2. Share to Facebook and Twitter

3. Like Rikki Hibbert Photography on Facebook and on Twitter.

You need to comment on and share all four blog posts over the next two weeks to be eligible for the prize. The winner will be announced on Friday 9 January 2015.

If you missed the first blog post on the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, you can read it here, and the third post here.

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Werner strauss December 12, 2014 at 2:06 pm

This a very usefull function to eliminate bulky Laptops on location, asa location scout sometime need to transfer images on the go and this seems to be more of a answer than the iPad, with its expensive attachmmet and very limited functionality . If i am correct, one can add a memorry card to expand the tablet memory ?

Angie van der ber December 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Wow Sony, how impressive!

Nadine December 12, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Thnx for the info, I didn’t know about the app. That will work magic. How nifty.

Bruce Murphy December 12, 2014 at 6:30 pm

This is very cool, to be able to show clients shots immediately when on location in the middle of nowhere.
Also makes updating people and your social sites easier traveling/backpacking around the world.

Abigail A December 13, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Very interesting! I had to find out what tethered shooting is, but now that I know, I know the Xperia Z2 is ideal for me – saves time and frustration to get the perfect shots for my blog. @GlassPearl on Twitter.

Chris Lombard December 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Really cool

Liezel Wakens December 18, 2014 at 8:24 am

I’m a blogger and photography is a huge factor when it comes to creating blog posts that really captures my readers attention… I have a canon point and shoot camera and many have told me DSLR is the way to go… I might not be able to afford the camera yet, so an app might as well do.

Elle H (@Ellelicious_) December 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

This sounds amazing!

Clayton C. December 21, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I have never heard of this app but this is a pretty neat feature.

Werner van der Berg December 23, 2014 at 10:44 am

I have to have one!

T Grobler December 30, 2014 at 11:36 am

Everyday you learn more and more on Rikki Hibbert Photography facebook and on her Blog pages and also on twitter AWESOME Rikki Love it Many thanks. always helpful.

Jessica Norman December 30, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Who’s life wouldn’t be simplified by this? this is a total necessity

Ernest December 30, 2014 at 8:25 pm

The DSLR Controller (BETA) is definitely a very nifty application. As a artist that takes creative angle photos this will enable me to make adjustments visually and “Design” the photo better before having to even go into my Photoshop software for editing. This can actually increase workflow as many fixing and design decisions will already have been made from the initial taking of the photograph. I would love to have the Sony Xperia Z2 tablet to be able to make use of this nifty app.

Dawn W January 7, 2015 at 9:41 am

For the perfect shot, just what I need