If you know of someone with a Holga, you’ll probably know about the coloured flash filters that comes with the Holga set. Here’s a tutorial to get the same effect on your DSLR.
You will need:
1. A sample LEE Filters booklet. You can get these for free from most shops selling photographic filters.
2. Some tape
3. Camera and flash
1. Based on your choice of subject matter, chose a coloured filter from the extensive range in the booket, and cut it out
2. Use 2 small pieces of tape to attach the filter to the front of your flash
3. Set your flash to TTL and snap away!
4. Also try cutting two different colours in half and sticking them together to get multi-coloured effects
My image below of the Fuji Instax, was shot using the bounce flash method.
If you try this out, please post links to your images!